Fwd: PyXDG

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 01:21:24 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz at gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Le mercredi 13 juin 2012, à 21:22 +0100, Thomas Kluyver a écrit :
> > On 12 June 2012 23:01, Thomas Kluyver <thomas at kluyver.me.uk> wrote:
> > > I've put the changes I've got so far on Github - feel free to pull
> from there:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/takluyver/pyxdg/tree/update
> >
> > I've now got an account (thanks!), and I've pushed the changes to
> > freedesktop git. It's in a separate branch until someone can do a bit
> > of code review:
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/pyxdg/?h=update
>
> Given that it seemed nobody else was stepping up for maintainership of
> pyxdg, I think you can just trust yourself, merge the branch, do a
> release and wait for bug reports from early users ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent
>
> --
> Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.

Hi Thomas

Your changes look good, you will also want to change the old-style classes
to new-style. See about swapping the os.spawn* calls to subprocess as well.

There's also a lot of inconsistency issues to fix, especially wrt the API
(through a single class you'll find methods using this_style(), thisOne()
and ThatOne(), it's pretty awful).

I don't know how many pyxdg users there are, but the whole thing needs a
serious cleanup at a backwards-incompatible level.

J. Leclanche