Icon names for browser and MUA

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Wed Jun 20 02:18:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

Le lundi 18 juin 2012, à 09:06 -0400, Rodney Dawes a écrit :
> No. There used to be similar names in the spec, but were removed as
> mail and browser apps are always branded things, and not generic
> utilities. And they need to be branded, so the user knows what to expect
> from the app. There's no good reason to have generic icons for them.

Hrm, except that epiphany uses a rather generic web-browser icon... I
guess you consider this is a bug in epiphany?

Also, more importantly, there are several areas where it might make
sense to have an icon for a web browser (for instance, in a UI to define
the default web browser). Same for the mailer.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.