libxdg

DAV dav.daemon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:47:04 PDT 2012

Hi all!

I think it is the time for the next release of libxdg (rc-0.1.4), because I
have found (and fixed it)
some bug which leads to inconsistent information from the library. Also, I
have added
a convinient function "xdg_joint_list_contains_app()" which could be used
to ensure
that a given list contains a given ".desktop" file (for example, to check
that a given
".desktop" file is in "Removed Associations" section).

If I won't find any other serious bugs next release will be contain
documentation of
internal parts of the library (including format of the binary cache).

> For reference, once there's agreement on the format, I think we should
> move this binary to desktop-file-utils, since that's where we already
> have such tools (and this could actually be merged with
> update-desktop-database).

After "documentation release" I will take a look at
"update-desktop-database" and
investigate possibility of merging it with the library.