Suggestion to keep the type of a file or directory in the stat field st_rdev.

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 21:43:37 PDT 2012

Another problem is, how can you map mime-type ids to mime-type strings?
It's not possible to hard code an array of known mime-types and look it up
with the ids.
Mime-types can be added to and removed from the system dynamically using
shared-mime-database.
The only possible way to do it I can think of is to have a list of known
types and use them only.
Or do you have a better way to do it?