xdg-utils: How to handle audio CDs?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 2 07:29:37 PDT 2012

Am Dienstag, den 02.10.2012, 16:14 +0200 schrieb Vincent Untz:
> Le lundi 01 octobre 2012, à 10:18 +0200, Paul Menzel a écrit :
> > Even adding `x-scheme-handler/cdda` to the desktop file
> >
> >     $ grep MimeType /usr/share/applications/rhythmbox-device.desktop
> >     MimeType=x-content/audio-player;x-content/audio-cdda;x-scheme-handler/cdda;
> >
> > and updating the MIME database
> >
> >     $ sudo update-mime-database /usr/share/mime/
>
> I think you need to call update-desktop-database, not
> update-mime-database.

Thanks, but still no luck.

        $ grep cdda /usr/share/applications/rhythmbox-device.desktop
        MimeType=x-content/audio-player;x-content/audio-cdda;x-scheme-handler/cdda;
        $ update-desktop-database
        Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/pcmanfm.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
        Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop": usage of MIME type "zz-application/zz-winassoc-xls" is discouraged ("zz-application/zz-winassoc-xls" should be replaced with "application/vnd.ms-excel")
        The databases in [/usr/local/share/applications, /usr/share/applications] could not be updated.
        $ xdg-mime query default "x-scheme-handler/cdda"
        $ sudo update-desktop-database
        Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/pcmanfm.desktop": usage of MIME type "x-directory/normal" is discouraged ("x-directory" is an old media type that should be replaced with a modern equivalent)
        Warning in file "/usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop": usage of MIME type "zz-application/zz-winassoc-xls" is discouraged ("zz-application/zz-winassoc-xls" should be replaced with "application/vnd.ms-excel")
        $ xdg-mime query default "x-scheme-handler/cdda"
        $

Thanks,

Paul