open file in directory action

Vincent Gerris vgerris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:10:24 PDT 2013

Thank you Hans for making things clearer (I changed to text mode :) ).
Thank you Aleksei for the link.
Good to know that this has already been discussed.
As far as I can tell, adding this --select option to xdg-open seems
like a very wishfull thing to have.
>From a user point of view, I would not know a use case for selecting
multiple files, but that might be my limited view on the matter.
I don't know if every Linux distribution has D-bus, but from my
limited point of view it makes more sense to implement it by using the
file manager,
it makes it a bit less dependant on other components, right?

Kind regards,
Vincent