Binary name in the desktop file

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Dec 26 04:09:27 PST 2013

On Thursday, 2013-12-26, 11:56:57, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> My point is, "env" is not what you should get for this. Wine is just
> using env as a "hacky" way to give wine the WINEPREFIX variable.

A "broken" .desktop file like that would very likely also have a broken
ExerNoArgs entry, no?

As far as the specification goes, env is the program that is being excuted,
the other elements are arguments to it.

If wine cannot accept the prefix as a command line argument, then this should
use a script that adjusts the environment accordingly before calling the
binary.

I just don't see how adding an addtional key would make people who prefer
hacks over proper solutions magically use proper solutions.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring