Spec draft (was Re: Rework of the org.freedesktop.ScreenSaver API?)

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Wed Feb 13 06:56:15 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 08:45 +0100, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 06:45:38PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-12-21 at 16:16 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > Resend, as the original mail was never moderated through (the attached
> > > patch was too big).
> >
> > And the draft is now live at:
> > http://specifications.freedesktop.org/idle-inhibit-spec/0.1/
> >
> ch01.html
> "anothe[r]"
> "to avoid the idle" -- huh?

Fixed.

> ch04.html
> "The D-Bus service name is [what?] intentionally,"

Fixed.

> the spec is ridiculously over-structured for its contents.

It has the same structure as other specs. It would also not be so
over-structured if it included everything I thought should have been in
the API, but I guess I'm fighting a losing battle here.

> i expect an in-depth discussion of the purpose of this spec in the
> preface, specifically addressing *all* questions raised in the mails we
> exchanged with lubos.

I would have taken this in my stride 2 months ago, when I first re-sent
the draft, but now it's really too late. I'm happy to review patches,
otherwise it'll have to wait for the next re-visit.

Cheers