EDE as registered OnlyShowIn environment

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Tue Feb 19 06:24:16 PST 2013

On 19 February 2013 13:45, Sanel Zukan <sanelz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vincent asked me to ping the list first; anyone have objection for
> adding EDE desktop (http://edeproject.org) as registered environment
> for OnlyShowIn variable inside menu specification?

I wonder if the spec should make this list descriptive, rather than
prescriptive? i.e. instead of saying 'these are the only valid values', we
could say 'any value is valid, here are the ones we know desktops are
using'. It could be maintained in a wiki for easy updates, rather than as a
formal part of the spec.

The advantage would be that each new desktop environment wouldn't need to
go through filing bugs against the spec, and checking with this mailing
list - they could just pick a value, and add it to the list.

Thomas