Supporting mime types in desktop actions

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:22:25 PST 2013

Pinging this again because mplayer2 is hitting an issue and the logical fix
requires this.

Use case: An application plays audio and video files. Audio files are
controlled from a terminal interface, video files are controlled from an
X11 interface. So when starting a video file, we want Terminal=No. When
starting an audio file, we then want Terminal=Yes.

The obvious fix is a Desktop Action Audio with Terminal=true and
MimeType=audio/ogg;...
This requires adding the keys Terminal and MimeType to desktop actions
however.

J. Leclanche