[udisks] Can't automount disks

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Mar 4 08:05:53 PST 2013

Hello

I'm having a problem with the Slax distribution that no one seems to
figure out. I posted here since it's apparently linked to udisks.

To avoid requiring non-technical users to learn about fdisk and
mount,I'd like all NTFS (and Linux) partitions to be automounted, both
internal and external drives.

KDE seems unable to automount partitions because of this:
============
#solid-hardware list

QStringList
Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksManager::allDevicesInternal() error:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown"
virtual QStringList
Solid::Backends::UPower::UPowerManager::allDevices() error:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown"

I was told "to ensure that UDisks is installed and being started
either before KDE startup (for manual starting of UDisks) or during
KDE startup (if using D-Bus automatic startup for UDisks)."... but
have no idea what to do.

FWIW, I can mount the partitions manually through fdisk + mount.

If you've seen this before and know how to solve it, any hint
appreciated.

Thanks for any help.