[udisks] Can't automount disks

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Mar 7 12:10:02 PST 2013

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 08:08:17 -0800, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>
wrote:
>> But no trace of udisks-daemon mentioned elsewhere. Is it just another
>> name for dbus-daemon?
>
>No.
>
>It looks like you don't have UDisks running.

Progress: Just to see what'd happen, I simply ran this:

# /usr/libexec/udisks-daemon &

Next, launched Dolphin: The two partitions on the hard drive are
listed :-)

But when I click on either of them:
"An error occured while accessing '48.8GiB Hard Drive' : the system
responded: An unspecified error has occured : Not Authorized:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service file"