Icon names for browser and MUA

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:18:10 PST 2013

Hi,

I wanted to ask clarification about this:

2012/6/18 Guido Berhoerster <gber at opensuse.org>
> After a short discussion we came to the conclusion that only
> "internet-web-browser" and "internet-mail" should be added in order to
> consistently follow the <category>-<name> scheme in the spec.

Lubuntu is currently replacing the standard LDXE web browser shortcut,
lxde-x-www-browser.desktop, with a custom web browser shortcut,
lubuntu-browser.desktop. This is causing a few problems, and the
solution would be to use the original lxde-x-www-browser.desktop.
However, when I proposed this it was shot down because at least one
Lubuntu developer does not like that lxde-x-www-browser.desktop uses
Icon=web-browser instead of Icon=internet-web-browser:

https://code.launchpad.net/~alexhenrie24/lubuntu-default-settings/fix-for-1232578/+merge/193691/comments/446244

What was the resolution here? Is internet-web-browser indeed the standard?

-Alex