structure of desktop file directories

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 03:11:32 PDT 2013

This seems like an implementation detail leaking into the spec. Why
should the lib assume the caches are out of date based on the
timestamp on applications/? System-wide changes are expected to run
u-m-d.

Anyway, I'm not against it; I think it's reasonable to move them to a
different directory. Though at that point I'd suggest moving it to
somewhere like /var/lib/shared-mime-info or something.
J. Leclanche