mime apps specification

Ryan Lortie desrt at desrt.ca
Wed Apr 9 10:20:01 PDT 2014

hi,

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014, at 11:31, David Faure wrote:
> Yes. But don't forget that there are mimeapps.list at other levels
> (XDG_CONFIG_*), where there are no desktop files at all.
>
> And therefore no cache there, but the point is that the algorithms in our
> libs
> have to take this into account as well. For instance we can't say that a
> mimeapps.list can only refer to .desktop files of that current level and
> below, since at the /etc level that would mean: none.

I think we crossed meanings somewhere along the way.  From my view,
*all* of the desktop files are "below" ~/.config and /etc, because they
are in directories that come later in the list (in precedence order).

I don't mean "below" in the sense of "inside of exactly the same
directory".

I suspect we should make sure we understand the same thing before
proceeding further :)

Cheers