volatile config data and XDG Base Directory spec

Tue Feb 18 15:53:35 PST 2014

Dear all,

this discussion has stalled yet again.

Thomas' blog post[1] reminded me that I promised to voice my support
for this idea (matter of fact, I proposed it myself, in the past)
during DebConf13, but failed to do so.

Consider this remedied, now ;)

I can see the argument that this is extra work and not supported, yet.
But the former can be worked around with good documentation and best
practices, the latter is a bit of a fallacy and mainly chicken vs egg.

I would be very happy to help hammer out any such text, assuming
there's a reasonable chance of adoption.

Thanks,
Richard

[1]  http://www.koch.ro/blog/index.php?/archives/163-guid.html