OpenRaster spec updated: 0.0.4-pre.1
a.t.chadwick at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 16:00:36 PST 2014
I've updated the ORA spec to incorporate the changes in the revised
proposal, and bumped the version to the dizzying heights of
0.0.4-pre.1. Ever onward and upward, brave rocketeers!
It's not a vast set of changes really, and hopefully quite in keeping
with what apps out there already do:
* Layer groups can now be named.
* Layer groups can now take opacities and composite-ops, and act like
* For the first time we actually recommend a rendering model, which
will help deal with the can of worms this opens.
* Backwards-compatible, at least if you were doing *only* the simple
things the core spec allowed before.
* Two new composite-ops to make storing layer masks and group masks possible.
Is there anything more we need to do before this is finalized?
Personally I think getting some implementations out there and tested
would be of use, particularly with the mask stuff.
More information about the xdg