More about "intents": Several improvements to desktop files and caches

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jan 6 05:35:51 PST 2014

On Monday 06 January 2014 14:28:01 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> And it's more about services (allow me to pick a photo, or select a
> contact) than about full-fledged applications. A terminal emulator can
> hardly be thought as providing a service to other applications, a photo
> picker provided by the native photo application would.

My point is that both needs (i.e. use cases) exist.

I know that "intents" and the use of dbus interfaces is about what you
describe.

I'm simply pointing out that the other use case (merely starting apps, at most
with a url on the command line) exists too, and that I'd like to see a
standard solution for it.