More about "intents": Several improvements to desktop files and caches

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch
Wed Jan 8 06:03:21 PST 2014

Le Tue, 7 Jan 2014 21:09:41 +0000,
Jerome Leclanche <adys.wh at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 1:25 AM, Jerome Leclanche
> <jerome.leclanche at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Problem #2
> > Apps cannot set a default app of a specific category. Eg "default
> > terminal emulator", "default window manager". This is an evolution
> > of problem #1, as those same system settings apps would want to
> > actually set the default app.
> > defaults.list (or was it mimeapps.list now?) can be reused for this.
> > So we can do eg:
> > [Default Applications Category]
> > TerminalEmulator=qterminal.desktop

It is another issue with the terminal emulators, some use -e to launch
applications, other use -x, and I am not convinced the wrapper glue
they done in Debian recently around gnome-terminal and
x-terminal-emulator (Debian terminal), instead of fixing
this at the application level, will solve all the cases. In fact, I
just find it work for me at the console, but fail fvwm-crystal menu,
which is very strange because I used the same command in both cases. But
I didn't get the time to look further into it, so I have no certitude at
that time.