Modifying an existing desktop file's MimeTypes

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 01:41:28 PST 2014

I'd say anything that breaks the "one app per desktop file" idiom is a
bad idea. It breaks the entire declarative way behind desktop file and
can cause all sorts of problems; what you just mentioned is one
instance of it. Seeing duplicates in launchers, menus etc can be
another (nevermind NoDisplay).
J. Leclanche