Moving StatusNotifierItem specification out of planning stages

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Fri Sep 12 05:51:20 PDT 2014

Hey,

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 11:05 +0200, David Edmundson wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'd like to propose
> moving http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/StatusNotifierItem/
> to the section
> "Draft specifications that have pretty good de facto
> adoption/agreement:".
>

> It has been widely used by at least KDE and Unity for many years now
> without issue and we should update the documentation to reflect that.
>

> Any objections?

Probably rather "Draft specifications that are new and not yet widely
used, though they may be used by one or more desktops or desktop
applications".

The ones under "Draft specifications that have pretty good de facto
adoption/agreement" are completely cross-desktop, and I don't see GNOME
(for example) implementing the spec you're referring to.

Cheers