xdg & screensavers

Norman Goldstein normvcr at telus.net
Mon Nov 2 08:56:38 PST 2015

XDG is installed on my fedora22 x86-64 desktop.  I was unable to
reliably run a 3rd party screen saver until I wrote a utility to
automatically suspend the xdg screens saver.  Basically, the util
1. Creates an X window
2. Calls   xdg-screensaver suspend ID     (ID = X ID of the X window)
3. Hangs around until it is asked to exit (usually till system shutdown).

This seems like overkill to suppress the xdg screen saver functionality.
  Am I missing something on how XDG may be configured?

Thank you.