freedesktop.org get off the air

noisyb at a6.25u.com noisyb at a6.25u.com
Fri Oct 2 14:25:29 PDT 2015

On 10/02/15 21:59, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a user who became irritated with some aspects of some freedesktop.org
> code, I got involved and was able to fix some of those irritations.
>
> Non-specific criticism is irrational: it won't help you, and it will only
> annoy or demoralize contributors.

My criticism is regarding the treatment of Unix philosophies (1) at
freedesktop and Lennart Poettering.

I would love to punch a second asshole into that mans face..

So he can shit through his two mouths in stereo... maybe while using his
broken pulseaudio... lol...

If that is demoralizing to freedesktop contributors I have achieved a
small goal in my ongoing agenda.

> If you've not already tried, how about some constructive criticism, or bug
> reports?

I have seen enough systemd bug reports and how they were "solved".

The only constructive criticism I have is:

Please slow down systemd development to give package maintainers of
distributions enough time to audit its entire codebase. The faster we
might get rid of that cancer.

Dirk

1)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy#Doug_McIlroy_on_Unix_programming