xdg-su: using gnomesu in the generic option if available.

Simon Lees sflees at suse.de
Mon Aug 8 05:11:53 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I was answering an openSUSE bugtracker question re xdg-su and lxqt and
the most sensible solution we came to was modifying xdg-su's behavior
when running under a generic DE to use gnomesu or kde-su if they are
present so I thought i'd put the idea up for discussion in case anyone
objects.

For reference currently lxqt doesn't have its own replacement for
gnomesu/kde-su (well not one I know of) distro's are also highly
unlikely to recommend either of those packages with lxqt as they will
bring in uneeded kde or gtk packages but by modifying the generic
fallback to atleast check for there existence first a user can then
choose to use one of them if they please.

Cheers

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30