shared-mime-info endianness issue

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Dec 26 21:49:42 UTC 2016

Em segunda-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2016, às 13:35:33 BRST, David Faure
escreveu:
> Everything else passes, which makes me wonder if this is the only "host"
> match actually used by the test suite
> Actually, if it's not, then I have to assume the test suite is known broken
> on big-endian machines, given that any "host" match would fail there,
> unless we put two versions of the file in the testsuite (one generated for
> little-endian machines and one generated for big-endian machines). But
> apparently this isn't needed yet, if I'm right that the java keystore magic
> should say big32.

Obviously, tests that need host-specific matching require host-specific files
too. So we need to have duplicated files for each and every detection that has
"host," which wil also help us confirm whether these files are valid or not.

A testsuite can be built in "other endinanness" mode to verify that it works
too.