Fwd: why not XDG_PREFIX_HOME

Marc Boocha marcboocha at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 13:10:23 UTC 2017

Okay I do agree that breaking change, so I think
XDG_CONFIG_HOME/XDG_CACHE_HOME can remained unchanged, also all dirs can
have their directories after realization of the fact. I think we could
instead as rhkramer said, all default new directories added to the
relative to an another variable call XDG_PREFIX_HOME which defaults to
~/.local. I think is could be useful since it act as /usr for user
packages. Also this has been brought up before, but can we also add
state dir.