Consider adding license information to freedesktop.org wiki contents?

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Fri Apr 13 11:11:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018, at 11:48 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:>
> This isn't how copyright works, sorry.

Thanks, I was aware of this. No, it doesn't strictly adhere to 'how copyright works', but realistically, people who contribute to a freely available wiki about open source software are not going to sue you for putting an open source license on it. It's not even clear what they'd sue for: you can't lose revenue on wiki content that is already accessible at zero cost.

As I said, this is something I have seen projects do. The Ubuntu wiki underwent relicensing in 2011, for instance, with the wording in an email:
"In the absence of a substantial number of objections, this change will be made to the Ubuntu wiki after approximately one month."

Thomas