Reclassify Icon= in .desktop files as string, not localestring

Will Thompson wjt at endlessm.com
Fri Aug 2 13:53:48 UTC 2019

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 19:46, Daiki Ueno <ueno at gnu.org> wrote:

> I'll change the gettext default once the spec change has been merged, or
> even earlier.

Thanks!

FWIW, it is possible to stop translating Icon even with
> the current version:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108887#comment14
>
> The problem is that the mechanism is all-or-nothing and you will have to
> list all the keys that need to be translated (not many, though).

One reason I'm keen for the default to be changed is that the proportion of
projects that want Icon to be translated is believed to be very small, so
it's better to require those projects to pass specific arguments to
xgettext, rather than to require every other project to do so.

– Will