XDG User Directories: Snippets directory?

Soni L. fakedme+xdg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 01:38:04 UTC 2020

I posted this on the gitlab but I feel like that wasn't the right place
to post it: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-user-dirs/issues/32

basically, I really wish there was an XDG_SNIPPETS_DIR in addition to
the existing dirs, and I'm not sure where or how to propose the addition
of that dir to the specification(?).

this would ideally be used by at least text editors, but I can imagine
other editors being able to make use of it somehow. but my main focus is
on text editors.

default locations... ~/Snippets? ~/Templates/Snippets? I'm not sure. I'm
also not sure if "Snippets" is the best name for it, it might be hard to
translate.