A standard for global/desktop environment shortcuts to prevent conflicts with Linux apps

Sparr sparr0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 22:11:24 UTC 2020

I think it's worth calling out, although I suspect most of us are already
aware, that in macOS most applications use the command/super key for
shortcuts that would use ctrl in other OSes, while still also using ctrl
and option/alt as application modifier keys as well.

I do not expect cross-platform apps to change their behavior on macOS as a
result of this standard, even if they are otherwise compliant.