improve PRIMARY buffer copy-paste behaviour, paste over

Thomas U. Grüttmüller sloyment at gmx.net
Sun Mar 15 02:11:57 UTC 2020

On 05.03.20 21:24, Johannes Thrän wrote:
> One of the reasons why many consider middle mouse paste useless […]
Hi,

I don’t think it’s useless at all. Actually, I use the PRIMARY buffer
far more often than the CLIPBOARD because of the ease of use. (When
I’µ on a Windows machine, and this method is not working, it regularly
makes me freak out.)

Unfortunately, not all programs support both buffers. In Xterm, you can
only use the PRIMARY buffer, while in Netsurf, you can only use the
CLIPBOARD. This makes copying and pasting between the two a mess.

Cordially,
Thomas