improve PRIMARY buffer copy-paste behaviour, paste over

elektra at markus-raab.org elektra at markus-raab.org
Tue Mar 17 11:16:38 UTC 2020

Hello,

I fully support this proposal as I use the PRIMARY buffer very
frequently and also think of it as a unique selling point.

Today I had a situation where replacement of the text clearly would have
been the more sensible choice (I wanted to replace one word with
another). I would have discovered the feature in this situation.

In general, my feeling is that the PRIMARY buffer degraded a lot during
the years. In many cases it does not work anymore (primary offenders:
vim (with mouse option now default), web browsers). IMHO putting some
attention to this topic would not harm.

A reference implementation sounds like a good next step.

best regards,
Markus