Questions

BARDOT Jérôme bardot.jerome at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:56:21 UTC 2021

Not agree with all your statement.

Because it depends of users use case and developpers choices.

For severals things we already have rfc/iso and more. Also database
mostly sql if can have several schema for pure data services (not
application metadata) have for mostly identify use cases a best case
schema exist and should be used by all application and extend with there
own. It’s a pain to try stuff (same functionalities) when software not
share data.

Game the worst case of software industries. Maintain nothings embed
instead of using something like "DEFINE". And also the great of the
great the missing part of multi users system.

Game data are just again stupidly store why not using .config .local and
more why i m not fucking able to use a file that set my username, my
town name, my default keybord layout !!! a simple xml file can do the
job and can be easily extends. Why not a save game directory that can be
just add to a general backup path ? it can also permit to all game to
use the same protocol to managing stuff. And when u  see gaming is now
more profitable than video industry i think they can help us to help
everybody. The concept can also be use for game assets with a good
format migrating system based on some dimension rules. And one asset for
ie a bannier or a fancy skin can be use in several games.

I currently think some stuff need a separation between my stuff, the
others stuff i use. I see 3 different cases :

- only personnal stuff : email, my own writing, passwords, internet
bookmark.

- mixed content (Images = personnal photo + a set of wallpapers )

- only "not" personal (except the fact data exist or not) like ebooks,
torrents file, rss link.

I always try to have a global approach to systems.

I know i will have to deep dive inside in stuff like dbus(which is not
recommend to be used for security reasons if i remember well) and gvfs.

I have lot and lot things to learn.  : \

and remember i m a crooker rules adept http://sl4.org/crocker.html so
feel free to improve my knowledge :)