New maintainer for XDG specs

90 hi at 90.gripe
Wed Mar 27 13:21:03 UTC 2024

> Hi all,
> After a bit of a period of inactivity, Matthias Klumpp has agreed to help update and maintain the XDG specs, including the menu and icon-theme specs in particular.
>
> If you have any suggestions or anything you want addressed, please discuss it on the list, or file an issue or merge request.
>
> Thanks to Matthias for stepping up, as well as to Bastien Nocera and David Faure in particular for all their work over the years to get us to this point.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hi, Matthias. Thank you for stepping in.

Would you consider taking any suggestions for potentially improving/overhauling and even finalising the XDG Base Directory specification to provide something of a proper standard for applications to follow more consistently? As much as I love the spirit of that spec, I can't help but feel like there are still some flaws to address, particularly when it comes to things like XDG_RUNTIME_DIR's (frankly kind of insane) requirements and the somewhat nebulous nature of XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and XDG_DATA_DIRS.

Kind regards,
90