[Xesam] Announce: xesam-glib-0.2

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:23:00 PDT 2008

Hi list,

I forgot to post here when I blogged about xesam-glib-0.2 last night. Here goes:

I am releasing xesam-glib 0.2 onto the wild. API-wise not much has
changed since 0.1 (which I consider a good thing) - there have been
some small changes though.

The major new feature is probably the introduction of a Searcher
interface which all communications go through. It maps the Xesam
Search DBus spec pretty closely, but hides the DBus-isms. The library
ships with a Searcher implementation talking the DBus protocol (of
course), but other backends such as in-process libs and networked
search engines are possible now.

For those dabbling in exporting their own search engines over a Xesam
interface there is also a stub class that accepts a Searcher instance
and exports it as a Xesam searcher over DBus.

Apart from that there are tons of bug fixes, documentation updates,
addition of unit testing suite, and a even a (very) small example made
it into the tarball.

For people interested in my direction with this library, there is a
ROADMAP file included in the tarball. Bugs go in the GLib component of
the Xesam product on FDO's bugzilla.

Download:http://xesam.org/people/kamstrup/xesam-glib/xesam-glib-0.2.tar.gz

API docs: http://xesam.org/people/kamstrup/xesam-glib/docs-0.2/reference/html/

Cheers,