[Xesam] Public Issue Tracker

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 05:14:14 PST 2008

2008/12/14 Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com>

> Guys,
>
> I've been lamenting the lack of an issue tracker on xesam.org for quite
> some
> time.
>
> It would be a much better solution than erratic use of Xesammailing list,
> IRC
> channel(s) and wiki.
>
> We lack in at least these areas:
>
> * No transparency of decision-making It's often unclear why something was
> done
> this way and not another. Maybe there was a good reason and maybe someone
> still remembers why.
>
> * Usually discussions on the ML and IRC touch lots of different topics,
> making
> it hard to follow the issue you you are interested in.
>
> * No way to track current issues and their priorities, especially for
> people
> who are unable to keep tabs on everything that's going on within the
> project.
>
> * Long-standing issues may end up forgotten and resurface at a later date,
> sometimes too late. Same can happen to feedback and comments for these
> issues.
>
> So I'm wondering just how hard it is to add something like this to
> xesam.org?

I whole heartedly agree. You should file a bug in our bugzilla about this
:-) https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ in the "xesam" product.

We actually has had this  set up for quite some time, but it has regrettably
not been used. I here by pledge to start using it more :-) I hope you guys
will do that too.

If you follow the "Projecct Structure" link on the front page of the wiki
then you will actually find this mentioned, but it might be better in a more
discoverable place.

Mikkel