[Xesam] RC2 status report

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:25:26 PST 2008

Here's a small status update on the road to RC2, which have been
delayed a bit more than I anticipated - but the cause is just.

Things might appear quiet around RC2 but I can assure you that work is
going on behind the scenes. Besides from the items already lined up
for RC2[1], Evgeny (aka Phreedom) is working hard to make sure that
the Xesam ontology will be interoperable with the Nepomuk ontology.
This is no easy task since both Nepomuk and Xesam have distinct
technical limitations and sets of design goals.

The good news is that things are in fact progressing. Work is going on
in both camps to bridge the waters, and it seems that it will indeed
be possible to find common ground.

While I know that some people are eagerly anticipating a stable 1.0, I
can assure you that this extra waiting time is worth the wait.

If you are interested in the gory details I suggest you pop by on
#xesam on FreeNode and punk me or Phreedom. Sorry if this mail has
been a bit uninformative, but I would rather not account for the
technical details unless I have to, it will be a lengthy endeavor :-)

Cheers,
Mikkel

[1]: http://xesam.org/main/XesamUpdates