[Xesam] [Announce] xesam-glib-0.4.0

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:46:21 PDT 2008

PRE-NOTE: I would very much like it if other Xesam-related projects
put their announcements on this mailing list as well. I know for a
fact that people are finding it hard to keep up with the stuff on
multiple places in the FOSSisverse. Tha aside:

Xesam GLib 0.4.0

It's been a long under way. Longer than I had hoped. But here it is.
Feature packed and with tonnes of new code under the hood. I am fairly
confident that it is not too unstable though. Hurra for unit tests!
Excerpt of NEWS file:

* Strip some public symbols that should have been private (Biebl)

* Add .spec generation for Fedora (and Suse, untested) (Colin)

* Make Hits an abstract class (derivations SequentialHits and
SparseHits are implemented but not part of the puclic api) (Kamstrup)

* Virtualize all methods on the Hit class (Kamstrup)

* Remove the xesam_g_hit_get_data method as it exposed implementation
details, for fast hit access you can now look up the field ids with
xesam_g_hit_get_field_id() and use those to retrieve field values
(Kamstrup)

* Remove xesam_g_{session,search}_get_field_map(). Clients no longer
have direct access to the field maps. This was an implementation
detail. (Kamstrup)

* Add 'auto-continue' property on XesamGSearch (Kamstrup)

* Add support for user-data in Search and Hits objects (Kamstrup)

* Enforce single header includes. From now on it is only allowed to
include xesam-glib.h, not all the object headers (Kamstrup)

* Removed the last traces of dbus-glib generated GTypes from the
public headers (Kamstrup)

* Add an example of how to use XesamGDBusSearcherSTub to examples/.
This can be used to proxy dbus Xesam Search interfaces to other names
and paths (Kamstrup)

* *An easy to use iterator interface to XesamGHits (Kamstrup)

* Implement xesam_g_search_request_extended_data(). This is an
experimental feature, so don't make you life depend on it! (Kamstrup)

Downalod: http://xesam.org/people/kamstrup/xesam-glib/xesam-glib-0.4.0.tar.gz

API docs: http://xesam.org/people/kamstrup/xesam-glib/docs-0.4/reference/html

Cheers,
Mikkel