[Xesam] Announcing Xesam Search RC2

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 05:03:21 PDT 2008

On 29/03/2008, Fabrice Colin <fabrice.colin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mikkel,
>
> I'll try and make appropriate changes to my language parsers for the next
> version of Pinot. As for the search API proper, I was hoping to make use
> of
> xesam-glib. How is that coming along ?

Hi, I CCed the xesam  list - hope it's ok.

Xesam-glib 0.2 is coming along nicely although I have not worked on it for a
while, but I am gonna pick it up now that RC2 of the spec is out the door.

Currently it is in the middle of a major revamp so bzr trunk is not on par
with the 0.1 release. The 0.2 release will feature something that is
probably of interest to you - by implementing the XesamGSearcher GInterface
you can pass it to a stub class I provide and expose your dbus interface
very cleanly (ie no dbus logic in your interface impl.).

If you only intend to use xesam-glib for your client side, you may disregard
the following paragraph :-)

I have a few ideas on how to make life easier for GLib based Xesam servers,
but I could probably use a little ping-pong because it might not be that
easy to find common ground (except for what I already provide). One of the
top items not done yet is an abstract base class to facilitate the
implemention the session/search bookkeeping for the XesamGSearcher
interface. I can start a new thread on the server-side of xesam-glib when I
get my hands dirty on xesam-glib again.

Cheers,
Mikkel