[Xesam] Need paged search mode for xesam

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Wed May 7 12:37:05 PDT 2008

2008/5/7 Philip Van Hoof <spam at pvanhoof.be>:
>  Calling a discussed solution that we intent to move to spec as soon as
>  possible proprietary because somebody does not want to utilise an
>  extremely loosely specified hack that only works by accident*, is rather
>  sad.
>
>  I have better things to do with my time, really.

If someone says: i'll add such a function regardless of the spec, then
yes, that's proprietary.
As Mikkel has replied, the proposed solution is absolutely no hack.
The documentation needs to be improved a bit, but that's it.

I care just as much about the spec as anyone here and I'd hate to see
it being fragmented in a 1.1 and 2.0. If there is no pressing need to
change what we have, shouldn't. Perfection is the enemy of success and
this is even more true for trying to write specs. Even when the spec
writers love each other as much as we do. :-P

Cheers,
Jos