[Xesam] Metadata API draft

Urho Konttori urho.konttori at nokia.com
Tue Oct 7 02:27:10 PDT 2008

ext Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few of us made a more or less complete draft of a Xesam Metadata
> API. I just brushed it up a bit. You can now find it here:
> http://xesam.org/main/XesamMetadataAPI
>
> Please comment.

I'm really interested in why do we need to have the explicit create
method? Shouldn't all objects/nodes anyway have some property to have
the reason why they were/are created? If so, shouldn't we just use the
set method and explicitly mention that if setting properties for an
object that doesn't exist, the object will be created automatically?
Engines will anyway need to lookup the objects from the database, so
they might just as well trigger the creation of the object while they
are at it.

Also, should we consider allowing xml based graph injection?

Anyway, looking good already.