[Xesam] Heads up: Shared metadata harvesting, Banshee leads the way?

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 01:20:26 PDT 2008

Hi guys and gals,

Skimming through Planet Gnome I saw a post from the Banshee maintainer Aaron
Bockover about Collection Indexing in Banshee. As far as I can tell they
have adefined an API for metadata harvesters to consume.

The DBus interface is here:
http://abock.org/blog-images/collection-indexer-api.png. Blog post here:
http://abock.org/2008/10/09/a-few-updates-from-the-farm/

I have not reviewed it yet (as I am at work), but I am most delighted that
someone is taking steps in this direction so we have so real world
example(s) to look at. This is especially welcome in these days where more
and more apps are switching to sqlite based storages with
private/non-public/non-stable schemas.

Anywas, this was just a heads up.

Mikkel