[Xesam] Nepomuk/Xesam future (was Re: condition of 1.0 ?)

Ivan Frade ivan.frade at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 01:12:28 PDT 2009

Hi

 It looks like the problem is not a change of direction, but what to do with
the current work. We can release a XESAM 1.0 but:

1) How many projects are going to implement it?
2) If the change to nepomuk based ontologies and sparQL happens and we call
it XESAM 2.0... the specs will be _completely_ incompatible.

 My point is that to release a spec just for the blessing of having a spec
or because some work was already done doesn't sound right.

 For the credibility of the project, i think it is as bad to release
something and dont commit to it as dont release anything.

Ivan