[Xesam] Nepomuk/Xesam future (was Re: condition of 1.0 ?)

Roberto Guido bob4mail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:09:19 PDT 2009

On Sunday 26 April 2009 14:41:38 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> This is only a problem for those talking to the Xesam provider
> directly. Otherwise a lot can be done inside client libraries.

I agree with this: also when a complete rewrite of Xesam will happen,
high-level APIs will wrap changes and at least be integrated with a
complexity far lower than internal protocol.

> I think that if we release 1.0 with a note saying that 2.0 will be
> completely incompatible and will arrive in 1 year (at the earliest!)
> will be the "fair" choice.

From a wider point of view, priority may be to untap semantic capabilities for
desktop software. And in one or more years more and more things may happen:
useless (and dangerous) is to maintain current fragmentation, let permit
community to work in the middle.

--
Roberto -MadBob- Guido
http://claimid.com/madbob