[Xesam] OSCAF ontologies folder for publishing

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Tue Aug 11 09:32:00 PDT 2009

Hello OSCAF/Xesam,

As next step towards standardization, I have moved the final published
ontologies from NEPOMUK to OSCAF.

The new directory layout at OSCAF is now:
https://oscaf.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/oscaf/trunk/

published/ - this I added, its the really published ontologies
draft/
ontologies/ - where we work
tools/ - how we work

IMPORTANT:
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES - NEVER EVER -
CHANGE THE PUBLISHED FOLDER PATH.

What is in it:
the published/ folder contains HTML
files,htaccess,symlinks,xslt,trig,versions,foldernames,namespaces that
make up the real standards once published. Its much more than a trig file,
and must only be changed when we make a release.

Once we have finished a new version of an ontology, the ontology
maintainer (and only she or he) copies it there,
a cronjob on www.semanticdesktop.org will then grab it from sourceforge
and put it live on the semantic web at
http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/
Thats why the /published path must never ever change - the cronjob
depends on it, and the guy administrating the server, Stéphane Laurière,
is not available at all times.

I wrote some notes into
https://oscaf.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/oscaf/trunk/README

best
Leo

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313