[Xesam] packaging problem

Ivan Frade ivan.frade at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 00:03:43 PDT 2009

Hi

 Sorry for this very basic questions but...

what do we need to validate? We have a small-but-useful "validator" in
tracker written in C to verify that all the referenced classes and
properties are defined somewhere, and few easy things like that. (It helps a
lot when adding new stuff in the ontologies). Do we need anything more
complicated? We can reuse that script or rewrite it in python.

why do we need the description of the ontology in the validation? if the
description is in a second file (same name with .description suffix), we
only need to use it for the HTML generation.

 I started to write the HTML generation for the tracker ontologies and i did
the first step (1 ontology -> 1 HTML). My idea (and i guess the nepomuk
scripts are not so different) was: two files (a.ontology, a.description),
and an extra "global" file that contains: all namespaces + publication URL
(i.e. "nie" http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/nie/
http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/nie/) . The publication URL is
needed in case you want to generate your doc for an internal server, or the
URL of a concept doesn't match with a real URL.

 I dont see why to use trig or merge description and ontology in one file.
But maybe i am missing something.

 Regards (and thanks for the effort!),

Ivan