[Xesam] Rewriting the build tools

Antoni Mylka antoni.mylka at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:41:17 PDT 2009

Antoni Mylka pisze:
> With our inferencer this was simple. With a c program this will require
> some thinking to do it efficiently. I'll try to compile some plain-text
> spec of the exact types of errors our validator checks for, so that we
> can agree on that.

I've compiled a specification of the kind of validation I think is
necessary to ensure backward-compatibility, which is important as the
ontology and its developer and user base grows.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/Validator

In nepomuk we had three use-cases for this

1. validation of ontology examples
2. an online validator service (paste your data and we'll tell you if it
conforms to NIE).
3. unit-testing of the RDF extraction framework,

It's all written using sparql queries but it can be implemented with
loops over triples. We could probably spare ourselves the limitations
from the NRL specs (drop IDB, BN and container rules) though proper
implementation of the domain, range and subproperty constraints without
those 3 assumptions at the beginning will be tricky.

All kinds of comments welcome

Antoni Mylka
antoni.mylka at gmail.com