[Xesam] Validator

Antoni Mylka antoni.mylka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 07:23:09 PDT 2009

Sebastian, Xesamies,

AFAIU we haven't agreed on anything. I just sat down and hacked together
200 lines of code that expose the validator we had in nepomuk via an
(hopefully) easy to use ant task. It can be a part of the 'official'
build or not.

Once again, what's important for me is backward-compatibility, or at
least consciousness when making backward-incompatible changes and the
ability to asess their impact.

That's why a plea to Ivan. I suck at C. I tried looking at the source
code of your validator but I don't understand it.

Could you please describe your validator in terms similar to:'

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/Validator

Basically two things
1. what triples are in the graph you're validating
2. what are the rules that define 'invalid' triple combinations

IMHO, we should make it plain before we make any claims on 'stability'
or 'backward-compatiblity'. What tools we use, is not that important. I
can even brush up on C/C++ if that's what it takes. :)

Antoni Mylka
antoni.mylka at gmail.com