[Xesam] Validator

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Wed Jul 29 06:37:22 PDT 2009

It was Sebastian Trüg who said at the right time 27.07.2009 17:37 the
following words:
> On Monday 27 July 2009 16:59:39 Antoni Mylka wrote:
>
>> I meant examples <=> testcases. Each example is a test case that is
>> either valid or invalid. If we change an ontology in a way that one of
>> the example becomes invalid - we've broken the test case, now the
>> example will have to be updated to reflect the change in ontology. It's
>> as simple as it gets. If we have 100 examples that were valid in version
>> x, and all of them are valid in version (x+1) without changes, then we
>> can say that (x+1) is backward-compatible with (x) because any
>> application that expects the data to be similar to those examples won't
>> break.
>>

> I think examples should not go into the ontologies folder but in a test
> folder. They are not something we should release, at least not in the main
> package...

agreed, but anyway:
Examples are the life and breath of an ontology,
and machine-tested and verified examples are rocking hard!

if we have examples that are valid, developers, will never look at the
specs again but just at the examples to understand what it is about - so
I support everything that helps us to get more examples online.

best
Leo
> Cheers,
> Sebastian

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313