[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Philip Van Hoof spam at pvanhoof.be
Fri Jun 5 01:49:26 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 20:14 +0200, Roberto Guido wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 18:18 +0200, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> > I would like to know the names of people who
> > feel responsible to work for the quality. I would like to see an
> > ontology maintainer/editor for each ontology.
> >
> Here I am: after so many criticism, I'm curious to follow the game as
> near as possible. I candidate myself for NMO.

Note that NMO will be among the most difficult to maintain as me and
Evgeny Egorochkin have already made quite a bit of changes to it, that
will somehow have to be upstreamed.

You can find a TTL of the NMO as how we'll need it here:

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/tracker/tree/data/ontologies/34-nmo.ontology

> Pro:
> - enough time to follow evolution of discussions
> - supported by an italian company involved in semantic free software
> development (and perhaps next OSCAF member ;-) )
>
> Cons:
> - little experience in maintainance of large projects, so a mentor would
> be appreciated at least in the beginning

I'm sure Evgeny Egorochkin will help you with that, wont you Phreedom?

> Waiting for comments.
>
> > Please give me an account and point me to the "welcome to freedesktop"
> > page explaining how things work
> >
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests
>
> I also would need an account, but I remember someone in this list
> already mentioned some action in Freedesktop to obtain resources about
> ontologies development hosting: any news?

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be